Nature has bestowed its best on Jharkhand. Lush green fields, a series of imposing hills, thick forests with diverse flora and fauna, innumerable imposing and spectacular waterfalls, mountainous limpid lakes and rivers make it very picturesque. Along with nature’s bounties, the place boasts of abode innumerable gods and goddess that have caught the attention of pilgrims as well as tourists. There is a lot to experience in culture and heritage, excellent craftsmanship, mesmerizing painting styles, distinctive attires, captivating folk music and dances, mouthwatering local cuisines, colorful fairs and festivals, sui generis architectural styles are characteristic feature of this state.
The unexplored virgin exotic locales along with attractive and visionary film policy has made Jharkhand cynosure of Film makers eyes. The salient features of Jharkhand Film Policy as regards to incentives / subsidy are as follows:
- Films made in Jharkhandi Languages will be granted 50 % maximum, of the total costing and Films made in Hindi and other languages will be granted 25 % maximum of the total costing as subsidy.
- If 2/3rd of the film is shot in the state, it will be granted maximum amount of Rs 2 Crores.
- If more than 50% shot in Jharkhand then the grant will be Rs 1 Crore maximum.
- Subsidy upto 2 crore on first film,upto 2.25 crore on second film,upto 2.5 crore on third film.
- If five main actors are from Jharkhand additional grant upto twenty five lakhs or remuneration whichever is less.
- If all actors are from Jharkhand additional grant of fifty lakhs or remuneration whichever is less.
- If film processing done in Jharkhand after being shot in Jharkhand, then grant of 50% costs of processing or maximum of fifty lakhs whichever is less.
- For Promotion of tourist places and culture an additional grant of 50 lakhs will be granted subject to the maximum amount of grant.
- Single window system for approvals and sanctions
- Films made by national/international award winner director/producer second film- upto 2.75 crores,third film upto 3.25 crores.
Post Jharkhand Film Policy 2015 the state witnessed flurry of film making and as of now more than 50 films have already been made and almost same numbers are in different stages of production.